- Don't apply product to your roots. When conditioning your hair in the shower, put the conditioner on your 4 fingers and use your thumb to pull back hair as if you were putting your it into a ponytail. Then, only apply the product to the hair you would put into a ponytail and not your roots. This way, your hair isn't weighed down or greasy. Also, spray products 4-8 inches away from your hair and again, not on your roots.
- Get a 1/4 to 1/2 inch trim every 6-8 weeks. Between curling, straightening, washing, and styling our hair, it gets damaged easily. Cutting your hair this much this often will get rid of dead ends and make it look healthier. However, it is a myth that this will help it grow faster.
- Leave it to the professionals. Don't try to highlight, dye, or cut your hair yourself. You could permanently damage your hair and it could cost more to correct than if you would've went to a salon in the first place.
- Change it up! Wearing your hair the same way everyday is boring. Instead of pulling your hair back into a ponytail everyday, have fun and experiment! There are so many different styles and do's to try.
- Give your hair a break from heat. Every once in a while, don't do anything damaging to your hair. No blow drying, straightening, curling, etc. Just leave it down and natural for the day. This is what really keeps your hair growing strong and healthy. Sometimes, I try not to do anything damaging to my hair for a whole week.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and benefit from it. What are you top 5 hair tips?? Tell me them in the comments!